Saturday, January 7, 2023

Monthly report: December 2022

2022 is over! The final month of the year brought me some nice dividends even though the markets were volatile. I've got a few companies with declines of around 10-15% (ASML, INTC, TROW, BMY, MPW). The rest of my stocks are down less, and only O remained stable. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


A total of about € 330 after tax! Fourteen companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by about 45% compared to last year. Most of the growth is due to new purchases, but also because of dividend raises. New purchases in Blackrock (here and here), TROW (here), Intel (here), JNJ (here), UNP (here) Realty Income (here) and some nice dividend raises (UNPAFLTROW) really propelled my dividend income. 

The sale of BEP and BIP had a negative impact on my dividend income. I had to sell these positions because of a new tax rule which would have cost me 10% of my total proceeds when I decided to sell the position anytime after January 1 2023. That really bothered me because I had the feeling my portfolio was doing awesome and I liked the renewable energy space BEP operated in and had added shares a few times in the last year.

The graph below shows my monthly dividend income during the last years.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022. I was ahead of last year since the start of this year. I expect the same will happen this year :-)

Currently my annual dividend income is about € 11.300 (before tax)

How was your December? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment