Sunday, May 8, 2022

Dividend report: April 2022

April is over! It's the same as the last few months. April was a hectic month as well, with regards to the stock market. There were some serious up- and down days but I am not worried about that. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

A total of almost €130 after tax. 8 companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by more than 80% compared to last year. This increase is mainly the result of (additional) purchases in Ahold Delhaize (here) and Merck (here and here). The rest of the increase is due to dividend raiseds from existing holdings. 

So all in all a rather good month! I expect to use my available cash position to invest later this month.

In the graph above I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022 (which obviously is just the first four months of the year). But so far so good! I've already received more dividend income than the whole of 2019!

Currently my annual dividend income is around € 3.250.

How was your April? What is your watchlist?

2 comments:

  1. ADD,
    All the effort you have put into your portfolio over the last couple years is really showing in your monthly payouts. Even the FX rates chipped in a little :)

    Regards, SD Growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADD,

    Looking good with that huge YoY increase and it looks like you've also received more dividends than you did in all of 2020. Or at least you're not that far behind. That's some really impressive growth in your dividends.

    ReplyDelete