Sunday, May 29, 2022

Dividend report: May 2022

May is over! It's the same as the last few months. May was a hectic month as well, with regards to the stock market. There were some serious up- and down days but I am not worried about that. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

A total of just €100 after tax. Five companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased slightly from last year, but that is mainly due to a favourable FX-change. I increased my position in BMY (here). I also received some solid raised from Deere (DE) and Realty Income (O). However after a disappointing investment in AT&T I finally sold my share earlier this year. Hopefully next month will show some decent dividend growth again!

In the graph above I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022 until May. So far so good! I've already received more dividend income than the whole of 2020. I am about 50% ahead compared to last year so that is still some serious dividend growth. Let's keep it up! Currently my annual dividend income is around € 3.250.

As for possible purchases during the next month I might take a look into the consumper staples sector. This sector got hit quite hard during the last weeks. 

How was your May? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment