Monday, December 28, 2020

Dividend raise: Realty Income and Aflac

I totally forgot about these two raises weeks ago but for the sake of full transparancy and completeness of my journey, I'll post 'em.

A few weeks ago Aflac has raised their dividend by a whopping 18%! This is much higher compared to their raises earlier in 2020 and 2019 which were around 4%. Because I added to my position in Aflac earlier this year, this raise will add more than € 13 to my annual dividend income. That's the biggest raise in absolut terms I have ever received from a public company. The new dividend will be paid in Q1 2021 for the first time, so I will count this as a raise in 2021.







More recently, Realty Income Corporation (Realty Income, NYSE: O) announced its Board of Directors has declared an increase in the company's common stock monthly cash dividend to $0.2345 per share from $0.234 per share. This raise adds a whopping € 0,12 to my annual dividend income. Ka-ching!


All jokes aside, Realty Income increases their dividend on more than one occasion each year. Last year they raised the dividend 5 times. I will count this as their first raise in 2021. Hopefully there's more to come next year!

1 comment:

  1. I was definitely caught off guard by that increase from Aflac. 18% was huge and it added nearly $30 to my forward dividend income. And of course we all love O and their steady raises. I'm looking forward to seeing how the January increase looks.

    ReplyDelete