Thursday, February 6, 2020

Dividend raise: Aflac (+3,7%)

A few days ago Aflac decided to raise its quarterly dividend by $0,01 to $0,28. This is a raise of 3,7% and adds roughly € 2 to my annual dividend income! Ka ching!!


So far Aflac has been a solid perfomer in my dividend portfolio. I bought a block of 56 shares, about 5,5 years ago. Its share adjusted price at that time was $30,70. Currently it's price is around $53. That is a rate of return of 10% per year, without accounting for the dividends. My total return for this position is about 12% without FX-changes.

Its quarterly dividend at the time of my purchase was $0,185. This means that the dividend compounded at roughly 8% each year.

Solid dividend income that grows rather nicely, with a nice rate of return on the share price as well. What more do you want from a stock?

Do you own Aflac? What did you think of its latest dividend raise?



No comments:

Post a Comment