Thursday, December 10, 2020

Dividend report: November 2020

We're already done with November! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!















Compared to last year my dividend income more or less remained the same. I received about € 87 after taxes, compared to € 92 last year. In total I got paid by 5 different companies. Three of my holdings showed some dividend growth albeit small. The decline in income is explained by a change in the USD.EUR exchange rate.



I am still ahead compared to the cumulative total I received last year till now. I still aim for an increase this year, but it won't be a growth of 40% as targeted but maybe something like 10%. We'll see what happens! In the meantime, I just keep grinding away, putting money to work and reap the rewards down the line.

How was your month? Do you see values in the current marketplace?

3 comments:

  1. ADD,

    Still a solid month and you've got to love the positive reinforcement of continuing to reap the benefits of a decision you made years ago. It's hard to believe, but 2021 will mark 10 years of investing in individual stocks for me. I started in some mutual funds a few years prior to that. All the best in December to close out 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Yeah definitely! I've been investing for about 7 years now so I am a few years behind so to speak :-) Best of luck to you in 2021 as well!

      Delete
  2. Nice haul of dividend income, A Dividend Dream! Some nice companies in your portfolio. It's nice to see all your progress since 2013. Thanks for including me on your blog list, I really appreciate it! My month was solid since I achieved YoY growth. But my dividend growth has been slower this year. And I still see some value in market, I still like FTS and T.TO right now. I look forward to next year's reports.

    ReplyDelete