Thursday, February 7, 2019

Aflac raised its dividend by 3,8%

A few days ago Aflac decided to raise its quarterly dividend by $0,01 to $0,27. This is a raise of 3,8% and adds roughly € 2 to my annual dividend income! Ka ching!!

So far Aflac has been a solid perfomer in my dividend portfolio. I bought a block of 56 shares, about 4,5 years ago. Its share adjusted price at that time was $30,70. Currently it's price is around $48. That is a rate of return of 10% per year, without accounting for the dividends.

Its quarterly dividend at the time of my purchase was $0,185. This means that the dividend compounded at roughly 9% each year.

Solid dividend income that grows rather nicely, with a nice rate of return on the share price as well. What more do you want from a stock?

Do you own Aflac? What did you think of its latest dividend raise?


2 comments:

  1. I'll take that raise. AFL is my largest holding and while the raise might seem like a token amount over the years AFL has performed quite well from a dividend and cap. appreciation metric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DivHit, nice to have you as a fellow shareholder :-) Aflac has performed nicely in the past years, I definitely agree. Who knows we'll receive another dividend increase this year.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete