Saturday, December 3, 2022

Monthly report: November 2022

November is over! The second month of the last quarter is already over. Earnings season was more or less done so last month was calm on the company news front. Stock prices have moved higher during this month, on average about 10%. I've got just three companies with a small price decline (XOM, Shell, and OHI), the rest of my stocks are up, in some cases considerably (BHP: +30%, ASML and TROW: +25%, APD and PM: +20%). This is more or less the same result as last month. The rally of the last two months really lifted stock market results for this year. For my whole portfolio I have a rate of return of about +13% when I take everything in consideration (FX-changes, dividends, new deposits, etc.)

Either way I am not too worried about price fluctuations. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


A total of about €150 after tax! Eight companies paid me dividends. The dividend income decreased but that is mainly because of two "special" dividends last year. I received shares in spin-offs Kyndryl (from IBM) and Orion Office REIT (from Realty Income). I sold these spin-offs immediately and registered the proceeds as dividend income. Without these special items by dividend income grew by about 35%, even with the dividend cut and subsequent sale of T. Organic dividend growth from BMY and Deere, and my recent addition of 25 shares of Realty Income (O), purchases in APD (here and hereand my purchase in TXN really propelled dividend growth during the last month.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022. It shows that I already earned more dividends compared to the whole of last year!


Currently my annual dividend income is about € 11.430. This is a slight increase from last month due to a series of purchases, which I actually did not report as of yet.

How was your November? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment