Thursday, February 11, 2021

Four recent dividend increases (BEP, BIP, INTC and Unilever)

During the last weeks I received a few dividend increases! Of course I am happy with these raises, especially after a somewhat sobering 2020 in terms of dividend growth. So let's take a look at the raises.

Intel

On January 21 Intel Corporation reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2020 financial results. The company also announced that its board of directors approved a cash dividend increase of five percent to $1.39 per share on an annual basis. The board declared a quarterly dividend of $0.3475 per share on the company’s common stock, which will be payable on March 1 to shareholders of record on February 7.

Since my purchase of INTC shares back in 2013 the dividend growth has been around 6% annualy. That is not bad, but it's not swinging for the fences either. However based on the total stock return my purchase is a success nonetheless. Including dividends and FOREX changes my purchase yielded 16,5% annualy till now. I'll hang 'on for now.

Brookfield Infrastructure Partner

On February 2 Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP) declared a $0.51/share quarterly dividend, which is a 5.2% increase from its prior dividend of $0.48. It's my first dividend raise from BIP since I purchased shares only in July 2020. With its current yield of around 4% a raise of 5% is right around what you can expect I guess. I'll take it!

Brookfield Renewable Partners

On February 4 Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) declared a $0.3038/share quarterly dividend, which is a 5.1% increase from its prior dividend of $0.2890 (split adjusted). It's my second dividend raise from BEP since I purchased shares back in 2019. I definitely want to add to this position because I believe in its business model, but shares have soared since my purchase. My original purchase had a dividend yield of almost 6%, currently BEP shares have a dividend yield of just 2,6%. That's a big difference. I'll just have to wait a bit I guess.

Unilever

On February 4 the maker of Marmite and Dove soap raised the dividend by 4% to €0,4268 per share. This is my 7th raise since my original purchase back in 2013. Dividend growth during that timeframe is around 6,6% annualy which seems more than fine, considering its current dividend yield of 3,7%. However total return has been a bit muted with 'just' 6,9% per year. I'd consider adding a few shares at its current valuation but it is one of my bigger positions already so maybe I'll just have to wait.

Summary

In total I received four dividend raises which raised my forward dividend income by about € 12,50. Based on my portfolio's dividend yield of 3,8% I have to invest € 330 to get this kind of dividend income, but now I get it for free!


Let's see what more 2021 has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment