Saturday, July 20, 2019

Recent Buy: Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP)

Earlier in July I bought 26 shares of Brookfield Renewable Partners (BEP) for $ 34,83 per share. The total amount of money invested just over $ 900. Brookfield Renewable Partners currently pays an annual dividend of € 2,06 per share so with this purchase my yearly dividend income increases with € 40 after taxes.








The main reasons for my purchase are:

  • Brookfield Renewable Partners is a big player in the renewable energy space. This is one of the big, of not the biggest trend for the coming decades in which a shift in energy supply from fossil fuels to renewables will be made. I want to part of this shift by owning the best companies in this space.
  • They currently pay a healthy dividend of around 6% which has grown around 5-6% per year in the last decade. Management expects dividend growth of 5 to 9% for the near future. 
  • I didn't have any exposure to utilities in my portfolio as of yet.
With my monthly deposits and dividend income I expect to do another purchase in three months.

What do you think of my purchase of Brookfield Renewable Partners? Are you currently looking to open (or add) a position in BEP?

2 comments:

  1. Dividend Dream -

    Congratulations on the purchase! I've been on the sidelines for some time and it's nice seeing purchases being made, for sure!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lanny, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I hope you will be able to do some new purchases soon! Best of luck.

      Delete