Saturday, January 1, 2022

Dividend report: December 2021

December is over! Heck, even 2021 is over. It was a year in which I seriously boosted my dividend portfolio. Hopefully I can continue this in 2022. We'll have to wait and see.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

December dividend income: 2021 vs. 2020


A total of almost € 230. Fourteen companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by almost 50% compared to last year. The bigger increases are the result of additional purchases in Unilever, TROW, BEP, BIP and CMI. Aflac and Union Pacific increased their dividend by a substantial amount last year. 

In the graph below I showed my cumulative dividend income for 2021.


I am about 65% ahead compared to the dividend I received last year. In absolute numbers this is an increase of € 900. Currently my annual dividend income is around € 2.945.

How was your December? What is your watchlist?

4 comments:

  1. Wow you really turned up the volume on investing in 2021! Love the focus, keep us updated on the growth and good luck going into 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken-K, sorry for the late response, I was away for a few days. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about my progress. Hopefully next year will be just as good, or even better!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on a great 2021! And best of luck on an even better 2022! That's some huge growth for December and for the full year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, sorry for the late response, I was away for a few days. Thanks for taking the time to read my blogpost. I hope you will have an awesome 2022 as well!

      Delete