Monday, December 20, 2021

Dividend raise: Union Pacific (UNP)

I am a bit behind with my updates on dividend raises I received in the last few weeks. I received my last raise in 2021 (and in a next post I will show my first raises of 2022).

On December 10th Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) announced that it will increase its quarterly dividend by 10% to $1.18 per share. The dividend is payable December 30, 2021, to shareholders of record December. This raise adds almost €6 per year. With this raise my original dividend is doubled compared to my first dividend back in 2015 when I bought this stock. During my holding period of 6,5 years the dividend has grown with 12% per year. That's compounding right there!

All the raises in 2021 combined delivered an annual income boost of just over € 200. The biggest contributors are BBL (with a double raise) and RDS. DUring the last half of the year I've added some decent dividend companies to my roster (V, CMI, BMY, MRK) so I expect this list to be bigger next year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment