Friday, August 6, 2021

Dividend report: July 2021

July is over! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

A total of more than € 100! Seven companies paid me dividends, including a one time special dividend from TROW. Regular year-over-year dividend increases are rather small. Most of the growth in income is due to relatively new positions in Cisco and Merck. The dividend income increased by about 250% compared to last year. Without the one time special dividend from TROW, the increase was still more than 60% so nothing to worry.

Currently my annual dividend income is around € 2.280. I do find it somewhat hard to find a good candidate for my purchase(s) during the next month. We'll see what happens in the markets in the coming weeks!

How was your July? What is your watchlist?

2 comments:

  1. ADD,

    Congrats on a solid month! And that's some pretty hefty year over year growth with and without the special dividend. July was a great month for us as we pulled in nearly $800 across all of our accounts. Like you it's hard to find things that look all that attractive from a valuation standpoint. MDT looks interesting but I want to buy more around 10% lower and even then the initial yield won't be that high at ~2.2% or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, thanks for taking the time to comment! Good to hear that you are doing well with your portfolio. I'll have a look into MDT and its valuation.

      Delete