Friday, January 25, 2019

Intel raises dividend by 5%

It's time for the second dividend raise of the year! Intel (ticker: INTC) decided to send me more money each quarter! They raised their quarterly dividend to $0.315 per share. That works out to a raise of $0,06 per share each year. I currently own 63 shares, so that's an extra $4 each year!

I have been a long-term shareholder of Intel. I bought my shares back in July 2013. The dividend growth is not exceptional but with slightly more than 6% per year nothing to sneeze at either.

However, if you look at it from a total return perspective, this investment has been quite amazing! The annual return of the stock price is around 13%. The fact that I received over 25% of my original investment in the form of dividends, adds around 3% to the return. Finally I have had some luck with foreign currency exchange rates, so that adds another 3% to the return. In total my return on investment has been 19% per year for almost 6 years!

How has your Intel investment performed over the years? Are you contemplating adding to your Intel position on the backdrop of its recent earnings report?

No comments:

Post a Comment