Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Monthly Update: June 2015

It's that time of the month again! A few days late but here's my monthly update for June. Markets lost a lot of ground, especially the Dutch AEX. But my portfolio definitely took a tumble this month. Down over 5%, with special attention to INTC (-11%), KMI (-8%) and TGH (-7%). In the table below I have presented some benchmark indicators of general market indices and my own dividend growth portfolio.


IndicatorAs of 30-5As of 30-6% change
S&P 500 Total Return3.8913.816-1,9%
Dow Jones Industrials Total Return36.47335.662-2,2%
AEX GR1.4611.403-4,0%
USD.EUR0,90200,90320,1%
Portfolio value€ 24.890 € 23.631 -5,1%

However, since I am in it for the long haul I am not too interested in these daily or monthly fluctuations. What matters is that I keep focused on buying high quality companies which provide me with a steady stream of growing dividends. Too bad I don't have any capital available right now to pounce on some of the value the market is currently offering.



Purchases
None

Dividends received

Seven separate companies paid me dividends during this month.
  • INTC: 63 shares @ $0.24 for a total of $15.12
  • AFL: 28 shares @ $0.39 for a total of $10.92
  • IBM: 7 shares @ $1.30 for a total of $9.10
  • XOM: 17 shares @ $0.73 for a total of $12.41
  • UNP: 15 shares @ $0.55 for a total of $8.25
  • RDS: 96 shares @ $0.47 for a total of $45.12 (DRIP 1 share)
  • UNA: 37 shares @ €0.30 for a total of €11.17
Total: around €86 after tax which is about 80% more than last year in June. That's looking good!



Dividend increases
None

Yearly forward dividend
My 12-month forward dividend rate is now €985, compared to €980 last month. I am inching towards the€1000 dividend income per year milestone. It depends on the EUR.USD rate whether I will reach this milestone with my next purchase.

Seeking Alpha articles
In the past month I did not write any articles on Seeking Alpha. Nothing to mention in this department. I am kind of fed up with myself for not getting any writing done but for one reason or another I can't seem to motivate myself with this goal. Who know next month, right?

How was your month? What are your plans for the coming month? Which companies are you looking at to add to your portfolio?

6 comments:

  1. Nice progress, Robin. A bit of a downturn is healthy for the overall market...the important thing is that your income is steadily increasing and making progress regularly.

    Keep up the great work!
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R, thanks for visiting my blog. I agree with you on the necessity of the correction. However I wished I had some capital to deploy and to take this opportunity to increase my dividend income :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Robin,

    Very well done!
    Hitting €1000 in annual dividends with a €20k investment seems very nice.

    Love to see your progress as I'm a relatively small Dutch investor as well. :)
    We share the same experience with Antonov too, poor us..

    Keep the snowball growing!
    Best wishes, DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DfS, welcome to my blog and thanks for taking the time leave a comment. I'll definitely add you to my bloglist so you can keep me updated about your recent buys! Keep up the good work.

      Delete
  3. Hi Robin -- the market's downturn provides some opportunities for securing higher yields, provided you have cash to invest. I do have a little cash for one or perhaps two buys, with many choices to select from! A nice problem to have, I guess...

    Your dividend income graph looks great, especially the jump in June compared with last year -- congratulations and keep up the good work!

    Cheers
    FerdiS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job for the month of June. Markets rise and markets fall but the main concern is having an ever growing dividend stream come in. After all, we are into income producing assets and not simply into accumulating assets or high portfolio values. Thanks for sharing and look forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete