Thursday, January 2, 2020

Goal Review of 2019: How Did I Do It?

Last year I wrote about my goals for 2019. This post will describe whether I reached these goals or nog. In short, my goals were as follows:

1. Deposit at least € 4.000,-
  • € 1.800,- regular investment account
  • € 1.400,- tax free retirement account
  • € 800,- employer stock program
New deposits are the fuel to my dividend growth machine. So how did I do it?
  • I deposited just over € 2.200,- in my regular brokerage account. So pass!
  • I deposited just over € 1.900,- in my tax free retirement account. Another pass!
  • I purchased € 1565,- worth of stock certificates in my employer stock program. You can read about it here. Three passes!
All in all I deposited about € 5.700,- which is more than expected. A halfyear pay raise at my job definitely helped to advance on these goals.

2. Annual forward dividend income of € 1.400,-
I wanted to reach a annual forward dividend income of € 1.400,- (before tax). Currently the meter says about € 1.700,- (slightly rounded upwards). So this one is a beat as well! There are two major reasons.
  1. I deposited more money into my regular brokerage account; and
  2. I now add my employer stock dividend to my annual forward dividend income.
Even without the last reason I still would have reached my goals, albeit with a much smaller margin.

3. Four quarterly buys
Another pass!
  1. Quarter 1: AT&T
  2. Quarter 2: Unilever
  3. Quarter 3: Brookfield Renewable Partners
  4. Quarter 4: Johnson & Johson
  5. Bonus buy in Quarter 4: Brink
4. Regular blogging
Finally I wanted to blog more regularly about my dividend portfolio and my progress. I had about 50 blog posts this year. The majority were minor updates about dividend raises but I am satisfied nonetheless. It keeps me motivated in order to reach my goals. For me, that's the most important reason of blogging.

All in all it was a solid year. In a next post I will provide an overview of my goals for next year. Thanks for reading!

How was your 2019? Did you reach all your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment