Monday, December 30, 2019

Monthly report: December 2019

It's the last time of the year for my monthly dividend report! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


Twelve companies paid me during the last month of the year. Even though it is not a record breaking month, it's still almost 24% better than last years December. The growth is fueled by additional and/or new purchases of UNA, BEP, JNJ and two solid dividend raises from UNP. I actually received my first Johnson & Johnson dividend!!

The two graphs below provide an overview of the whole year and compares it to earlier years. Compared to 2018 I received about 28% more dividends in 2019. Let's see if I can keep this up during the next year!


So finally, let's take a look at the best and worst performers in the last year. Please note that while writing this report, there are two trading days left so things can change slighty.
















Top performers were KMI, BBL, JNJ and T with prices increases between 5-10%. The worst performers are UNA, O and AFL. These companies lost about 4 to 5% of their share price in the last month. I am currently contemplating adding to my Uniliver position in the new year. They have recently warned that the targets of 2019 might be missed. This resulted in a drop of the stock price. But I am not too worried about it since I am in it for the long haul.

Thanks for reading!

How was your last month of the year? What is on your watchlist for the new year?


2 comments:

  1. ADD,

    Another solid month to end 2019 with nearly 15% YoY growth. Looking forward to 2020 but man I can't believe it's here so soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, you are doing great as well! 15% YOY growth with a large base is nothing to sneeze at, well done! Keep it up.

      Delete