Thursday, January 9, 2020

Recent Buy: Unilever

Earlier in January I bought 18 shares of Unilever (UNA) for € 51,56 per share. The total amount of money invested is € 928,-. Unilever currently pays an annual dividend of € 1,64 per share so with this purchase my yearly dividend income increases with € 25 after tax. My forward dividend income now is around € 1.710,-.









I already owned 50 shares, so as of now I own 68 shares. The main reasons for my purchase are:

  • Unilever currently seems fairly valued (P/E of 15x) after their dip in December because of a profit warning.
  • Unilever is a long-term, stable company which has performed nicely since I am an owner (since July 2013).
  • I want to increase my Euro-denominated positions to reduce the impact of forex-changes on my portfolio.
  • I've mentioned these reasons earlier on my blog.
With my monthly deposits and dividend income I expect to do another purchase in three months.

What do you think of my purchase of Unilever? Are you currently looking to open (or add) a position in Unilever?

2 comments:

  1. I might have to check out UL and add a few shares. I own them already, but haven't added to my position in quite a while. Great consumer staple company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PIP, yeah. Price has come down slightly in recent days so it's an even better entry point :-)

      Delete