Thursday, February 21, 2019

Walmart raised its dividend by 1,9%


A few days ago Walmart (WMT) announced a quarterly dividend raise from $0,52 to $0,53. This raise of less than 2% adds not even € 1 to my annual dividend income.







Obviously this raise is not what I expect from my companies in general, but for WMT it seems to be the norm the last few years. I am an owner of WMT since July 2013. I purchased share for a price of around $75. Currently shares are worth over $99, so in price appreciation alone this position has netted me just over 5% per year. However, if you add in the dividend along the ride, the total return is bumped up to 7,5%. Normally this is a solid performance but compared to other companies and indices WMT underperformed during my holding period.











So far I received 8 dividend raises in 2019. These raises combined have added over € 20 to my forward annual dividend income. Of course I expect more raises during the rest of the year. I'll keep you updated!

Did you like the dividend raise of WMT? Do you consider selling because of the low dividend growth rate?

1 comment:

  1. Walmart will hopefully get back to the days of dividend growth. I keep holding out that it will. * raises is awesome keep it up

    ReplyDelete