Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Monthly report: September 2022

September is over! Summer has ended and we are entering the last quarter of 2022. September was a blood bath with regards to the stock market. I've got just three companies with a small price increase, the rest of my stocks are down, in some cases (Intel, BEP, BLK among others) 15-20%. Either way I am not too worried about price fluctuations. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

A total of more than €500 after tax! Eighteen (!) companies paid me dividends. The dividend income decreased by about 65% compared to last year. Most of the growth is due to new purchases, but also because of favorable FX-rates. BHP slightly decreased its final dividend payment compared to last year. However new purchases in TROW (here), BEP (here), Intel (here), JNJ (here) and some nice dividend raises (UNP, AFL, TROW) really propelled my dividend income.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022. It shows that I already earned more dividends compared to the whole of last year!

Currently my annual dividend income is about € 11.200. This is a big jump from last month due to a series of purchases.

How was your September? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment