Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Dividend Report: June 2020

We're done with June! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


Compared to last year I received a 10% higher dividend income. I received almost € 175 before taxes, about € 150 after. As mentioned earlier, the dividend cut of Shell stings. However, my additions to Unilever, Aflac, and earlier purchases of BEP and JNJ offered some relief. Of course the dividend raises from TROW and UNP were welcome as well! In total I got paid by 12 different companies. 

Based on stock prices, almost all of my companies ended lower. Only BEP increased slightly. Big losers are Aflac, Exxon, Shell, Omega Healthcare. All of these companies decreased between 13 to 17%.

If I look at my progress based on the cumulative dividend income this year I am still about 25% ahead compared to last year. That sounds perfect, especially during these rough times! However, I expect this growth percentage to come down during the year because of the dividend cuts I received in the last two months and the slow dividend growth going forward.


My current forward dividend is slightly below € 1.700,-. I just keep doing what I've been doing in the last years: work, earn money, deposit into my brokerage as much as I can and keep buying income producing assets to enhance my financial situation. Rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment