Saturday, June 10, 2023

Monthly report: May 2023

May is over! We're almost half way 2023 already! The stock market had a positive month because inflation worries are reduced, interest rate hikes have stopped and debt ceiling issues seemed to have been solved. In any case, I am not worried about all these things. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower (or higher) prices.

In my portfolio I had a few big losers, like BAX/HASI: (-15%), XOM/CMI -11-12%) and MDT/AFL/AOS/PM/DE (-9%), but I also had some winners, like ASML (+17%), OHI (+11%) and CSCO/TXN (+4-5%).

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. 

They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!



A total of more than €170 after tax. Nine companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by more than 65% compared to last year. This increase is mainly the result of my new position in ASML (here, here and here), TXN (here, here and here), APD (here and here) and an increased position in Realty Income (here).

In the graph below I've showed my monthly dividend income. 

Currently my annual dividend income is around € 13.050.

How was your May? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment