Saturday, February 5, 2022

Dividend report: January 2022

January is over! Already the first month of a new year. The last weeks were quite hectic in our household. COVID finally reached our family. That required some serious flexibility on our part but I guess we managed it for the most part. Let's hope February is quiet on that front.

January was also a hectic month with regards to the stock market. There were some serious up- and down days but I am not worried about that. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

In my portfolio I had a few big losers, like TROW (-20%), OHI (-10%), INTC (-10%) but I also had some big winners, mainly in the energy sector: Shell (+17%), XOM (+22%) but also Accell (+21%) which was boosted by a planned take-over. All things considered my portfolio hardly moved.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!



A total of almost € 900 after tax. Six companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by almost 60% compared to last year. This increase is mainly the result of additional purchases in Brink (my employer) and MRK (here and here). Dividend growth for my other holdings are rather muted.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022 (which obviously is just the first month of the year). But the start is great! What is awesome to see is that the income from last month is higher than my annual income till 2017. I've take some serious steps.


Currently my annual dividend income is around € 2.970. I still have to report some recent dividend raises and an addition to my portfolio. A hint: it is one of my losers from last month.

How was your January? What is your watchlist?



4 comments:

  1. January 2022 ended in an increase by +72% compared to january 2021. 2022 is probably the year when i will start my FIRE life in my mid fifties. But I say probably due to unknown events. The future is always unknown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an awesome growth growth! Keep up the good work. Hopefully your FIRE life brings you a lot of joy!

      Delete
  2. Markets a volatile but not your dividend income. 60% growth is an amazing start for the year. Looking forward to your next update.

    Regards, SD Growth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken-K, thanks for stopping by and take the time to leave a comment. I hope everything is well with you too. Your january dividend income looks really solid :-)

      Delete