Saturday, August 24, 2024

Monthly report: July 2024

July is over. It was a decent month in terms of stock prices. Across the board about +2%. I had some bigger winners like BMY, HASI and MPW. But also some losers like ASML and MRK. These happen to be bigger positions so although the ratio of gainers to losers is in favor of the gainers, the average increase is still relatively limited.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!



A total of about € 175 in dividend income, about the same as last year. This small decrease is mainly the result of a dividend cut from MPW and the recent disposition of my shares in Baxter. Recent purchases of shares in Realty Income (here and here) softened the blow. Dividend growth for my other holdings is somewhat muted.

In the graph below I've shown my monthly dividend income. You can see the rather small decrease from July 2023 but the underlying trend is still up.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income. The cumulative dividend income made big jump in June. I expect to see a little growth (compared to last year) in the coming months, but nothing too serious.

Currently my annual dividend income is around about € 13.050, slightly lower compared to last month, but that's due to some moves I did not yet report.

How was your July? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment