Sunday, June 30, 2024

Monthly report: June 2024

June is over! It's done, we are halfway 2024. Can you believe it?!

All in all a decent month with stocks up-and-down. Biggest winners are ASML (+10%) and OHI (+6%). ASML is my biggest position so that is nice. OHI is a rather stable dividend payer, but nothting too fancy with the stock price appreciation. Biggest losers are MPW (-22%) and HASI (-11%). Nothing new with MPD, I'll hold for the dividend for now but the company really has some troubles to solve. HASI seems to be doing ok, but its share price is rather volatile.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


A total of more than €2.400 after tax. 17 companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by more than 600% compared to last year including the FX-effect. This monstrous increase was because of a final dividend from Brink (my employer). Last year they just paid the interum but not the final dividend. But even without this final dividend, my remaining dividend income also grew by 25%. This is mainly the result of new positions in BEPC (here) and BIPC (here), additional purchases in Realty Income (here and here) and JNJ (here and here). Throw in some nice dividend increases from Shell, Aflac and some smaller raises from other companies and this is the result. This will be my final dividend from IBM. After 10 years I've decided to sell my position. Dividend growth from UNP has halted. This is nothing new and its growth is somewhat lumpy. I'll guess (or hope) they will raise it later this year.

So all in all a decent month!



In the graph above I've showed my monthly dividend income. You can see the big increase but it's not even all of it, since I've capped the vertical axis to € 1.000,-. 

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income. The cumulative dividend income made big jump from last month. I expect to see a little growth (compared to last year) in the coming months, but nothing too serious.


Currently my annual dividend income is around € 13.150. This is a big increase compared to last month. This is because I now use this as my base for the expected dividend during the coming 12 months.

How was your June? What is your watchlist for the next month?










No comments:

Post a Comment