Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Monthly report: October 2022

October is over! The first month of the last quarter is already over. Earnings season began about twee weeks ago. Stock prices have moved higher since then. I've got just three companies with a small price decline (MPW, BHP and BEP), the rest of my stocks are up, in some cases considerably (XOM: +27%, BLK and CMI: +20%). This is a total conversion of last month where just three stocks were up. Either way I am not too worried about price fluctuations. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

In the treechart most of the red actually means a small increase (instead of a decrease). For instance: UNP is up 2%. I don't know how to change this setting in Google Sheets to use an absolute 0 as reference for either a stock price increase or decrease. 









Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

A total of more than €100 after tax! Seven companies paid me dividends, one more than last year. The dividend income increased by about 67% compared to last year. Most of the growth is due to new purchases, but also because of favorable FX-rates. My recent purchase of MPW and my recent addition of 25 shares of Realty Income (O) really propelled dividend growth during the last month. The raises of the rest of my companies are somewhat muted.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022. It shows that I already earned more dividends compared to the whole of last year!










Currently my annual dividend income is about € 11.370. This is a big jump from last month due to a series of purchases.

How was your October? What is your watchlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment