Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Three recent dividend increases - part 2 (Coca, Walmart and Deere)

 A few days ago I wrote about three recent dividend increases. The pace of raises continues with a few new raises! Of course I am happy with these raises, especially after a somewhat sobering 2020 in terms of dividend growth. So let's take a look at the raises.

Coca-Cola

On February 18th Coca-Cola (KO) declared a $0.42/share quarterly dividend, which is a 2.4% increase from its prior dividend of $0.41. Last year KO increased its dividend by a penny as well. I received eight dividend raises since my purchase of KO back in 2013. The annual dividend growth rate is between 5-6%. It's not mindblowing but it's not that bad either. My return on investment is currently around 8% per annum so I am not complaining.

Walmart

On February 18th Walmart (WMT) declared a $0.55/share quarterly dividend, which is a 1.9% increase from its prior dividend of $0.54. It's not a big raise but its one nonetheless.  I received eight dividend raises since my purchase of WMT back in 2013. The annual dividend growth rate is 2%. I guess my expectations with regards to the dividend growth rate were somewhat higher. However, my return on investment is currently around 11% per annum so that definitely IS solid. We'll see what happens next year with the dividend!

Deere

On February 24th Deere (DE) declared a $0.90/share quarterly dividend, which is a 18% increase from its prior dividend of $0.76. Now that's what I call dividend growth! I received four dividend raises since my purchase of DE back in 2013. The dividend growth occurs on a not so frequent basis. The last dividend raise was about two years ago. The annual dividend growth rate is 8% nonetheless. My purchase of Deere is the best decision I ever made (investment wise that is!) with a return on investment of around 23% per annum. That's a 3.7x-bagger right there! 

Summary

Together these raises increased my forward annual dividend income by roughly €10. 

Based on my portfolio's dividend yield of 3,8% I have to invest € 270 to get this kind of dividend income, but now I get it for free! Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment