Saturday, February 8, 2020

Monthly report: January 2020 - Best Month Ever!

It's the last time of the year for my monthly dividend report! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!



Five companies paid me during the last month of the year. And it's a record breaking month!! I received almost € 300 (excluding taxes). Awesome! The majority is because my employer (Brink) paid a hefty interim dividend. However, a fair year-on-year comparison is tricky because:

1. My employer paid a few days earlier than last year.
2. BBL paid a special one-time dividend last year, and not this year
But who cares?! Let's take a look at the best and worst performers in the last year. Best performer is IBM with + 17% because of solid quarterly results and the resignation of Ginni Rometty. Its quite ironic for a CEO if investors are happy when you (the CEO) steps down. INTC, BEP TROW and BAX all jumped about 10% last month.

Mining and oil companies took a beating last month. In my portfolio that means XOM and RDS lost over 12% and BBL lost 5%. Maybe there's chance to purchase shares on the cheap next month ?




Thanks for reading!

How was your first month of the year? What is on your watchlist for the new year?



3 comments:

  1. We have always reinvested all dividends received to maximize compounding, it's worked for us and now that we are retired, those dividends far exceed our expenses, so we still reinvest about 60%,
    Market value is of no importance, just the income our investments generate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. behöver du ett lån? Har du letat efter var du kan få lån? Har du försökt få något lån? ansök sedan nu på? (christywalton355@gmail.com) om du vill få ett överkomligt lån. Lån erbjuds här till en mycket låg ränta på 2%. Kontakta oss nu om du är intresserad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job keep adding and this month will keep growing and growing. Those one time dividends are tricky but as long as your dividends increase every year its a win win. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete