Thursday, December 8, 2016

Monthly Update: November 2016

A short monthly update of my portfolio.

IndicatorAs of 31-10As of 30-11% change
S&P 500 Total Return4,0464,1963.7%
Dow Jones Industrials Total Return38,00040,2345.9%
AEX GR1,4101,4281.3%
USD.EUR0.9110.9443.7%
Portfolio value€ 24,323 € 25,634 5.4%

However, since I am in it for the long haul I am not too interested in these daily or monthly fluctuations. What matters is that I keep focused on buying high quality companies which provide me with a steady stream of growing dividends.


Purchases
None

Dividends received
Four separate companies paid me dividends during this month.
  • DE: 18 shares @ $0.60 for a total of $10.80
  • KMI: 48 shares @ $0.125 for a total of $6.00
  • OHI: 100 shares @ $0.61 for a total of $61.00
Total: around € 61 after tax, which is 14% more than last year.



Dividend increases or decreases during this month
OHI raised its dividend by $0.01. Since I own 100 shares, that's roughly a € 4 raise in annual dividend income.

Yearly forward dividend
I am not sure what my annual forward dividend rate was at the end of December but right now it's around €980.

Seeking Alpha articles
Last month I wrote no articles on Seeking Alpha.

8 comments:

  1. 61 euros is good. Keep it up. 14 percent increase is good also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividendsandhobbies, no you are right, 61 euros is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully from next year I will start to contribute to my portfolio once again to turbocharge that dividend growth :)

      Delete
  2. Growing dividends is always a nice thing to see. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith, thanks for stopping by! Best of luck in the last few weeks of this year :)

      Delete
  3. Very informative market updates are depicted here. Traders can make right strategy by using these updates. Follow MCX Tips to get live updates on commodity market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save to invest. don't save to save. the only reason to save money is to invest it Equity Tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Best returns in Forex and Comes markets please visit
    Equidious Research

    ReplyDelete