Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Recent buy: Canadian National Railway (CNI)

I recently added 20 shares of Canadian National Railway (CNI) to my dividend growth portfolio. CNI is one of North America's leading transportation companies, and I’ve been watching it for some time due to its solid fundamentals and consistent dividend growth history. I already own Union Pacific (UNP) and CNI is a nice addition since it operations in a different region.


CNI operates an extensive railway network, which is vital to the transport of goods across the U.S. and Canada. This gives it a defensive edge, even during economic downturns. What drew me to CNI, aside from its stable operations, is its impressive dividend growth track record. The company has been increasing its dividend for over two decades by roughly 10% per year, and with a current yield of around 2,2%, it provides a nice mix of income and future growth potential.

I also see long-term benefits as CNI continues to expand its operations and improve efficiency. Their commitment to innovation in logistics and sustainable operations positions them well for the future, especially with increasing demand for reliable transportation infrastructure.

For me, this investment is about more than just the dividend—it’s about owning a piece of a company that has a long history of delivering value to its shareholders. I’m excited to see how this addition performs over time and how it contributes to the overall growth of my portfolio’s dividend income.

This purchase will add about $60 to my annual forward dividend income.

No comments:

Post a Comment