Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Dividend report: June 2022

June is over! We are halfway in 2022.  June was a hectic month (again) with regards to the stock market. There were some serious up- and down days but I am not worried about that. In the end it's all about the dividend income. Since I am not a seller of stocks at this point in my life, I don't really care about lower prices.

Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!


A total of €885 after tax. 17 companies paid me dividends. The dividend income increased by over 160% compared to last year! This increase is mainly the result of additional purchases in Brink (here), Unilever (here), TROW (here), Intel (here), BIP (here), BEP (here and here), new positions in Visa (here) and Cummins (here) and a big raise from Shell (here), coupled with some other, smaller raises. 

Finally I received shares of Woodside Energy Group as part of the merger of their oil and gas business with BHP. I decided to sell these shares as soon as I could since I have no interest in having a relatively small stake in Woodside. I recorded this as a special dividend from BHP.

So all in all a rather good month! I've used the dividend from Unilever and Shell to drip additional shares in both companies.

In the graph below I've showed my cumulative dividend income for 2022 (which obviously is just the first six months of the year). But it shows that I earned about the same dividend as last year in just six months time!


Currently my annual dividend income is just over € 4.000. This is somewhat of a jump from last month, because Brink (my employer) decided to payout €14,50 per share as dividend. This is more than last year, hence the increase in dividend income. However it remains to be seen if we can keep up this level of dividend income next year as a company.

 How was your June? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment