Saturday, July 3, 2021

Dividend report: June 2021

June is over! Let's see how many companies sent me a dividend check for my ownership. These checks are the results of decisions I made earlier in life, sometimes years ago, where I decided to purchase shares in these companies. Nowaydays I still collect these checks but I have to do absolutely nothing to receive them. They just get deposited in my brokerage account, no questions asked. Isn't that great?!

Wow, a total of € 330! 14 companies paid me dividends, with my first ever payment from BIP in the month of June. Higher dividends from Unilever due to an increased position. Big dividend increases from Aflac, TROW, UNP and BEP. But most importantly a 2nd dividend payment (€ 3 per share) from my own employer, Brink. This year I received € 13 per share in dividens, based on a price of € 81 on my last purchase. A whopping dividend yield of 16%, which is slightly higher than usual due to a dividend delay in 2020 due to COVID-19. Based on a constant exchange rate my dividend income grew by almost 130% compared to last year. However, because of the decline in the FX-rate the rise in dividend income is about 122% compared to last year. Even without the extra Brink dividend payment the growth would have been about 20% compared to last year, so still solid.

The market value of my portfolio surpassed the € 60k milestone last week. I might write a little post on that later. Currently my annual dividend income is around € 2.180. I do find it somewhat hard to find a good candidate for my purchase(s) during the next month. We'll see what happens in the markets in the coming weeks!

How was your June? What is your watchlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment