Saturday, September 19, 2020

Dividend cut (BBL) and raises (PM, O)

This year has not been too kind with regards to dividend growth. I received several dividend cuts (or "suspensions") with the cut from Shell being the toughest. The latest dividend cut is BBL. A few weeks ago they declared a dividend of $ 1,10 per share which is a 15% decrease from last years dividend. My annual dividend income will decrease by about € 10.

However there's also some good news. Recently PM raised its dividend by almost 3% to $1,20 per share. Realty Income (O) raised its monthly dividend to $0,234 which is a whopping 0,2% increase. My annual dividend income increased by just under € 2 due to these raises.


In total I received 22 raised (and cuts) so far this year. Maybe growth will return later this year, but for now I don't expect anything going forward. I'll just have to deposit more money to grow dividends!

No comments:

Post a Comment