Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Dividend raise: Billiton (+24%)

Last week Billiton (ticker: BBL) raised its semi-annual dividend. The 2nd payment was $1.26 per share last year and is raised to $1.56. This is a hefty raise of 24% and adds roughly € 7,50 to my annual dividend income (before taxes).

Billiton has a somewhat odd dividend history since my purchase back in 2013. They slashed the dividend back in 2016 but raised it during the last years back to the level of 2015. And on top of that in 2019 they declared a special dividend worth about one year of dividends. Even though it has been a rocky road, I am glad I didn't sell my investment back in 2016 for $20 a share. BBL is now priced at about $50 per share. So there might be a lesson here to not automatically sell after a dividend cut!














This year I've received 18 dividend raises that added about € 55 to my annual dividend income so far.



















Are you a shareholder of BBL? And what do you think about its dividend prospects?

No comments:

Post a Comment